GIBBS is a comprehensive, all-in-one system for industrial process simulation and modeling. GIBBS is the comprehensive tool for thermodynamic modeling, tailored for various Oil, Gas, and Chemical industrial systems. Its completeness, ease of use, integration into your environment, and cost-effective licensing make it the ideal choice for a range of tasks, from planning the building and maintenance of industrial projects, to evaluating new modes of use and sufficiency of current resources, to training new operators. The core of GIBBSim has proved itself in over 20 years of usage, mostly in the oil and gas industry of Russia. Years of commercial use have confirmed its industrial strength and maturity, this also drove its constant enhancement.
• Easy graphical definition of industrial systems. Transportation pipelines, rectification columns, compressors, pumps and many other elements are supported.
• Support for multi-level models. A complicated industrial system can be represented by a multi-level model, with different levels representing the apparatus, the plant, the industrial complex, etc.
• Deep integration into the Microsoft Windows/Office environment with ability to carry out most of calculations in Excel spreadsheet.
• Usage of Peng-Robinson, Soave-Redlich-Kwong and their modifications equations of state (EOS) for vapor-liquid-liquid and vapor-liquid-solid equilibriums
• Ability to utilize Wilson and NRTL activity correlations for equilibrium computations and those useful in special cases (for example, phase equilibrium analysis and non-Newtonian liquid modeling).
• Petroleum assay data characterization with hydrocarbon pseudo components.
• Vapor-liquid equilibrium data regressions. All used binary coefficients for EOS and activity correlations can be obtained from experimental data.
• Viscosity modeling tool including non-Newtonian properties.
• Separators and heat exchangers sizing
• Solid CO2 and hydrates prediction
Versatile model building
In GIBBS, constructing a model could not be easier – even for a complicated industrial system, up to an entire plant and more. The infrastructure is shown in a graphical representation, which is quite understandable for any engineer. To create, expand, and modify your simulation, just select the necessary elements, drag them to the right places, and use the mouse to establish links between equipment. It is possible to view and set the exact parameters of the equipment, by selecting it on the screen.
Effective handling of data variety
For any model that you build, you can create several data sets, containing all the environment, fluid, and infrastructure element parameters. It is always possible to copy one dataset into another, then to make any alterations (slight or serious) in order to calculate a new set of results.
Windows/Office Desktop integration
GIBBS plays well together within the Windows/Office desktop environment. It is a typical Windows desktop application; any engineer who is used to basic Windows software will feel at home with GIBBS.
All calculation results are not locked inside GIBBS; instead, it sends them directly into a Microsoft Excel table. You can, therefore, do anything you want to the resulting data. From formatting and printing, to creating diagrams and graphs from a great choice of templates – all the massive features of Microsoft Office become available for your results.
Also with the latest version of GIBBS it is possible to do all schema calculations in Excel spreadsheet only